A lot of people think that if you have a cool product, you’re destined to succeed. But are you, though?
Today’s guest for Coffee with Closers believes that it’s not quite true. Despite everything else, the only thing that predicts how successful your company will be is the market. If you’re in a really great market where you are solving an urgent and important problem, you can have a pretty mediocre product and a team of average people, but still, win. And vice versa, you can have the best team in the world and a truly outstanding product, but if the market is not there, it won’t matter.
Meet TK Kader, the founder of ToutApp, which made him the pioneer in the sales engagement space. He took the company from zero to $7 million of recurring revenue and sold it to Marketo, where he subsequently served as a senior VP of Strategy and helped drive it to the transformation that led to the $4.7 billion on exit. Now, TK successfully coaches early-stage SaaS founders, and he’s not planning to stop growing.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Is the death of enterprise rep real now that we have inside sales?
- What’s the difference between execution and strategy?
- Why mindset matters if you want to achieve success in entrepreneurship?
- What makes someone a visionary?
- Why you may want to go for education marketing rather than traditional content marketing?
- How to build your personal brand and why you need it?