There’s a lot of dynamics with a family business. Things change, and the next generation is not always willing to join the boat. Today’s guest for Coffee with Closers decided to take the legacy. Today, he is successfully growing a corporation in a third generation, and he has no plans to drop the ball.
Meet Derek Volk, the President & CEO of Volk Packaging Corporation. He also has an Amazon best-selling book called Chasing the Rabbit: A Dad’s Life Raising a Son on the Spectrum. Derek is really passionate about his company and its reputation in the world, as well as about the people that they employ and the customers they supply. He is dedicated to leading his family business into the fourth generation and beyond.
During our conversation, Derek shared some practical wisdom on acquiring and growing family business as well as best practices for balancing life, family, and business priorities.
- How does the leadership transition between generations influence the company culture?
- How to take your company to the next level and maintain consistent growth?
- Why is having the right team essential for the success of your business?
- What can you learn from your peers and fellow business owners?
- What are the challenges of running a big team?
- How to balance your role as a parent, spouse, and CEO of the company?
►Find Derek Volk on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/derekvolk/
►Visit Volk Packaging Corporation at http://www.volkboxes.com/
►Grab your copy of Chasing the Rabbit: A Dad’s Life Raising a Son on the Spectrum at: