When you are just entering the market as a small business, it’s really hard to compete with giant brands that have all the resources in the world while you have none. But it doesn’t mean you get no chance to succeed. It’s just that the path for underdogs is going to be different. And today’s guest for Coffee with Closers loves the underdogs. He is passionate about helping small and medium businesses to become profitable, find sustainable growth, and do well serving their markets.
Meet Rand Fishkin, CEO and founder of an SEO company MOZ until 2018, and now CEO and co-founder of SparkToro, the new audience research startup. He’s dedicated his professional life to helping people do better marketing through his writing and speaking.
“I like small businesses, I like early-stage companies, I like people who are still people,” says Rand. Tune in for our conversation, where he shares some practical advice on entrepreneurship and best practices for marketing.
- Why is it crucial to find the right ways to reach your audience?
- As a CEO, do you have to be the face of the brand to promote your company?
- Why setting high expectations solely for marketing may not be a good idea?
- How to find a balance between brand-building initiatives and demand generation?
- How to stay productive as an entrepreneur?
►Find Rand Fishkin on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/randfishkin/
►Check out SparkToro https://sparktoro.com/
►Grab your copy of Lost and Founder https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Founder-Painfully-Honest-Startup/dp/0735213321