Social Media Internship
Application Deadline : Available Year-roundPosition : 2 Part-time, PaidLocation : Chicago, Illinois
Are you a college student in Chicago ready to kick-start your career in marketing? Do you want to get direct, hands-on experience at a growing online marketing company?
OneIMS is an online marketing company located in the heart of Chicago! We are always looking for creative and ambitious individuals to join our team!
Currently, we are seeking a Social Media Intern who will help implement community development strategies for clients alongside our in-house, online marketing team.
This is a unique opportunity to engage in a range of marketing initiatives and to be trained in strategic thinking on clients’ business, objectives, and measures of success. The Social Media Intern is a self-motivated student who is passionate about all things social media related. In this position, you will gain invaluable experience in an agency atmosphere.
What you’ll get out of interning with us:
- Real-world experience working with an online marketing company
- Exposure to professionals in multiple divisions and areas of expertise
- Experience with managing your own projects and fulfilling deadlines
- Hands-on training and collaboration with an online marketing team
- A great skill set and background to benefit your career future
- Flexible hours
- Strategize and execute content for platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and, Instagram
- Support local visibility efforts (e.g. company pages, reviews, etc.)
- Engage with audiences across all social media platforms
- Brainstorm, design, implement, and analyze social media campaigns
- Manage and participate in relevant online groups such as LinkedIn and Facebook
- Measure the effectiveness of the content through social analytics platforms
- Run competitive analysis against other brands to orchestrate future strategies
- Communicate to team members on campaign outcome to meet set goals
- Keep pace with social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or advanced degree (Preferred majors in Communication or related field)
- Passion for all things social.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deadline driven, and ready to hustle
- Experience working with popular social media networks including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram
Required – Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Blogging, YouTube, Pinterest experience
Preferred – Google Analytics
*This internship is also available for college credit