Variable Data Printing allows you to adjust your direct mail marketing campaign so it is more customized and personalized.
Using VDP means you can create more attention-grabbing direct mail pieces that appeal to your target market.
What is Variable Data Printing?
Variable Data Printing, or VDP, is a method of printing that utilizes certain software to change the output of a digital printing press to customize each piece with unique text or images based on an existing database or spreadsheet. It’s frequently been used for addressing, but is now used more often to personalize text, graphics, or branding messages to keep them more pertinent to the recipient. Because of the personal touch that direct mail recipients experience with Variable Data Printing, this marketing method can be much more effective in marketing campaigns, making it feel as though the sender is speaking directly to them.
There are many benefits to using variable data printing with your direct mail marketing campaign.
- Increase Your ROI By Using Mailing List Data – Variable data printing allows you to create custom copy and information to grab people’s attention. Adjust the information on your direct mail campaign based on where people live, if they are single or married, or any other piece of information you have on your audience. Having custom information means your direct mail piece will be more appealing and relevant to the recipient.
- Change Your Return Address or Phone Number – If you have multiple store locations or offices, print the one that will be the most convenient for each recipient. Or, depending on the campaign, you can change phone numbers so recipients can contact various people within the company.
- Use Custom Fonts – Not only can addresses and mailing list data be printed directly on the direct mail piece, but all of it can be printed in a range of fonts so that the type complements the rest of your design or corporate identity. Depending on the variety of people you are targeting, you may want to consider changing your fonts.
- Color Will Catch Attention – Color can catch more attention than regular black and white printings. Use color wisely to complement your current brand identity and highlight important information on your direct mail piece.
- Include Images and Maps – You can change up your images and maps using variable data printing. Show exactly where your storefront is relative to their neighborhood. Or show custom images based on that specific person’s demographic. Make sure you are sending the right message to each recipient.
Variable Data Printing is the next step in direct mail marketing. Don’t just send out generic campaigns to your audience. Create custom information that appeals to each recipient and makes them want to contact you.
In addition to direct mail marketing, OneIMS provides many other print marketing solutions, SEO solutions, and inbound marketing services. Contact us today at 1-888-663-4671.
OneIMS is a Chicago SEO company as well as a technology-based marketing service provider. We specialize in integrated marketing solutions such as Search Engine Optimization, Pay-per-click advertisements and email marketing.
We employ cross-media marketing solutions that are designed to deliver results. Some of those solutions are Variable Data Printing, and custom Landing Pages and triggered emails.