When working on search engine optimization of a website, most people tend to focus on the content and images. One area often overlooked in SEO is the PDF documents they post. PDFs are becoming more common place in business, so if you are posting them on your website, make sure search engines can read them.
Here are 5 simple ways to optimize your PDF documents.
- Keep the PDF text-based When creating a PDF, be sure to use a text-based program like Microsoft Word or Adobe InDesign to keep your PDF documents search engine optimized. If you create your PDF in a program like Photoshop, the search engines won’t read any of the text and pass by it.
- Optimize Your Keywords PDF documents have plenty of opportunities for optimizing keywords. Focus on your titles, headlines, sub-headlines, and beginning paragraphs to emphasize the specific keywords you are targeting with that PDF document.
- Pay Attention To Your Content The content and text in your document needs to be focused and relevant to the keyword you are targeting, the same way you do with the content on your website pages.
- Text Formatting Matters Links, bolding, and any extra emphasis in the text will help web crawlers and search engines find the important information. Be sure to emphasize keywords throughout your document to help with search engine rankings.
- Use Text Along With Your Images While images make documents look nicer, they don’t help with search engine optimization. Include text-based captions with your images that target your keywords to make your images optimized as well.
Every aspect of your website can help increase your rankings on search engines like Google and Bing. Be sure to analyze your website to make sure you are doing all you can to increase its SEO.
OneIMS is a Chicago Web Design Company as well as a technology-based marketing service provider. We specialize in integrated marketing solutions such as Search Engine Optimization, Pay-per-click advertisements and email marketing. We employ cross-media marketing solutions that are designed to deliver results. Some of those solutions are Variable Data Printing, Personalized URLs and custom Landing Pages and triggered emails.