However, it can be daunting to start a blog from scratch without any previous experience. Here are a few steps you can take before launching your business blog in order to help increase its chances of success.
- Describe Your Ideal Customer The purpose behind your blog is to increase traffic and bring your website to the people who will use your products and services. Defining who your ideal customer is, where they come from, and the type of content they are interested in will help you in determining what you should post.
- Prepare In Advance No matter how often you plan on posting, always try to have posts written and planned in advance. Having 7-10 posts ready to go before launching your blog will relieve some stress you may feel in the beginning. Also, if an emergency comes up, you won’t need to worry about trying to get a post online. Try to maintain the cushion past your launch date.
- Do Keyword Research There are a few target keywords you may have in mind when you start your small business blog. However, using Google Keywords, you can see related keywords and see suggestions about other keywords to target.
- Watch Your Data Once your small business blog launches, you need to see if your posts are working. Using websites like Google Analytics will help you track your visitors and see how people are finding you online. Watching what posts and topics are the most popular. This can help you figure out what to post and not to post in order to increase your traffic.
- Utlizing Social Media Blogging is only one step to marketing your business. Utilize social media tools like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Flickr to promote your small business blog and increase your reach on the web.
Creating and launching a small business blog may seem daunting, but it is not impossible. With the proper planning, you easily start a blog that increases your web traffic, visibility, and possibly sales.
OneIMS is a Chicago Web Design Company as well as a technology-based marketing service provider. We specialize in integrated marketing solutions such as Search Engine Optimization, Pay-per-click advertisements and email marketing. We employ cross-media marketing solutions that are designed to deliver results. Some of those solutions are Variable Data Printing, Personalized URLs and custom Landing Pages and triggered emails.