Landing pages are an important part of a successful direct mail marketing campaign. The landing page, which is a web page directly related to your direct mail campaign, finishes the communication of your direct mail campaign.
If you have your direct mail campaign lead to your main website, the potential customer may get lost in all of the information. It is better to lead them to a page that directly related to the information presented in your direct mail campaign.
Here are 7 things you must do with your landing page to increase conversions in your direct mail marketing campaign.
- Have the layout match your direct mail marketing campaign. In order to make sure your message is clear, create a landing page that has a similar design and color choices as your direct mail campaign. You don’t want to make visitors think they have gone to the wrong page, so a similar look will bring a cohesive feel to the marketing campaign.
- Add more information about that specific deal, product, or offer. When sending out a direct mail marketing campaign, it is important to not overwhelm people with information. However, once you get them to your landing page, it is clear that these people want more information. Keep your direct mail piece simple and too the point and allow your landing page to give more specific information.
- Give people a reason to visit your landing page. People are more likely to be interested in visiting a landing page if there is an incentive. Provide a coupon, report, or special offer on the landing page.
- Provide a form to capture visitor data. When giving away that special coupon, report, or offer, create a form to collect that person’s contact information. This way you can add their information to your email list or contact them later to make them into potential customers. By constantly being in contact with these people, you can build your relationship with them.
- Show your credibility. People can be wary of special deals and offers on the Internet, so show your businesses credibility. Show logos of trusted affiliates that you may be part of, like the BBB and online security companies. This shows that you are a credible company and can be trusted with the visitor’s information.
- Give out your company’s information. Hot leads that are further along in the sales process will want to contact you quickly. Keep your contact information visible and clearly placed on your landing page.
- Create a specific phone number or email address. If you want to track your direct mail campaign and landing page conversions, create a specific phone number or email address just for that page. Then you will know exactly who is contacting your because of your direct mail and landing page.
If you want to have a successful direct mail marketing campaign, then it is important to have a well-thought out landing page.
OneIMS is a Chicago Web Design Company as well as a technology-based marketing service provider. We specialize in integrated marketing solutions such as Search Engine Optimization, Pay-per-click advertisements and email marketing. We employ cross-media marketing solutions that are designed to deliver results. Some of those solutions are Variable Data Printing, Personalized URLs and custom Landing Pages and triggered emails.