Tracking the data for your website can help your company understand not only who is coming to your website, but also help you figure out how to convert those visitors into clients. For businesses new to analytics, it can be daunting to look at all of that information and to know what to do with it.
Google Analytics is a free, simple analytics feature that has a handful of information that can help your company.
- Unique Visitors The number of Unique Visitors tells you how many different people have visited your website. If you want to increase your unique visitors, look at improving your rankings on search engines or starting a pay-per-click campaign.
- Traffic Source Figure out where the majority of your traffic is coming from, whether it is Google, Bing, Twitter or another website, and optimize your information for that medium.
- Keyword Referral This will tell you what phrase your visitor put into a search engine to find your website. This will help you see if the keywords you want to optimize are working or if you are getting more hits from other keywords. If the latter is true, you will want to work on reworking your website content to be properly optimized.
- Top Content This information can show what pages are getting the most traffic. Look at changing your other pages to have a similar layout, format, or calls to action to boost all of your pages.
- Location A small cupcake company in Missouri mostly likely does not want to have visitors from New York and Florida coming to their website. The location of your visitors can help you find out if you are actually reaching your local audience or not.
Using website analytics can help you figure out better ways to optimize your website, if you are reaching your target audience, and what you can change to help your company create more business.
OneIMS provides many online marketing services. Contact us today at 1-888-ONE-IMS-1.
OneIMS is a Chicago Web Design Company as well as a technology-based marketing service provider. We specialize in integrated marketing solutions such as Search Engine Optimization, Pay-per-click advertisements and email marketing. We employ cross-media marketing solutions that are designed to deliver results. Some of those solutions are Variable Data Printing, Personalized URLs and custom Landing Pages and triggered emails.