- They force you to clarify your thought process.
- They serve as a gauge or measure of your plans success.
- They help you stay focused and consistent.
- They are a motivational tool if the goals specified are attainable and challenging.
- They help you integrate marketing strategies by analyzing your business and market.
A helpful tip to remember is to be S M A R T when reviewing your marketing plan objectives:
Specific- To increase sales at xyz development. Be precise.
Measurable- To increase sales at xyz development by 15%. Quantify your objective.
Achievable- Make sure you have the resources necessary to achieve your goal. Some resources include money, people, technology, etc.
Realistic- Your objective should not be unreasonable. Remember not to stretch yourself beyond your means. Your objective should be a motivator for you, challenging but attainable, this will keep you enthusiastic and will reflect in your efforts.
Time-Specific- Set a deadline. To increase sales by 15% at xyz development by August 2009.
Ready to create your new marketing plan? The experts at OneIMS will guide you through a variety of available options within your budget. For more information, contact OneIMS today at 1-888-ONE-IMS1, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.